Did you know the average person takes about 10,000 steps every day? That is a lot of stress on your feet! When you consider the array of surfaces and inclines that people walk on, you can imagine why foot problems are a common complaint among us all.
Some of the most common foot problems we encounter are:
- Athlete’s Foot: a fungal infection of the skin, typically growing between the toes. Easily spread from person to person and causes itching, pain, and sometimes cracked, scaly skin. Treated with antifungal medication.
- Bunions: an abnormal bump that develops on the large toe joint, usually from wearing tight shoes for prolonged periods. Treatments vary depending on the case.
- Calluses: an area of tough, thickened skin resulting from repeated friction or other irritation. Treatments vary.
- Diabetic Foot Problems: people with diabetes may experience nerve damage in their feet, which causes numbness, tingling, and other problems. They may also develop sores that are slow to heal. Treatments vary depending on the severity.
- Ingrown Toenails: typically caused by tight shoes or improper cutting of nails. Treatments usually involve soaking and cutting the ingrown nail away from the skin, while cleaning the wound. Repeatedly ingrown nails may need to be cut and cauterized under local anesthesia.
- Plantar Fasciitis: inflammation of the tissue band that connects the heel bone to the toes. Treatments may vary, but may include supportive shoe inserts.
- Blisters: caused by excessive friction, typically from improper footwear. It’s best NOT to pop them and let them heal on their own instead.
- Corns: patches of thickened skin that may become painful over time and may require surgical removal.
- Heel Spurs: an outgrowth of calcium that develops between the heel bone and arch of the foot. May cause severe pain and inflammation. Treatments vary.
- Claw Toe: a condition wherein the big toe points up and the second toe points down. Can cause pain and may be a sign of other conditions. Treatments vary.
- Heel Pain
- Ankle Pain
Accent on Feet is here for any and all of your foot problems. Our compassionate and highly skilled team will look at your case holistically and provide you with your treatment options to get you back up and pain-free in no time.